Been a while since I did had random arbit stuff going on in my mind to mash a potpourri together, so here goes
1. Chiru’s daughter eloped. Once you get over the sadness of the situation, you can laugh merrily on the various nincompoop, dumb 19 year olds do just outa spite. Okay, I’ve been there and done a few stupid stuff myself, but this was spectacularly winning the Oscar for bad daughter gone even cuckoo. Yeah, am judgemental when it comes to irrational acts. I mean, for crying out loud, she’s frikkin 19. Why marriage? Doesn’t make sense. But then again, 4 years ago, a dear fav cousin of mine, a smashingly gorgeous dancer, favorite of all known grandmas/aunts and uncles, eloped same Arya Samaj style with her boyfriend of 7 years. She must’ve been 13 when she met him.
13yrs. 19yrs. Is it me or there are some really astonshingly young females with no ambition and drive in life out there? Whatever. Anyways, here’s a video if you care or understand telugu.
2. Son’s off on a camping trip at 7 am tomorrow. He has not seen 7 am for a while, am wondering what kind of drastic measures I need to take to get him to move. Apart from that, he will be on his own for 30 hours flat with a bunch o 11 year olds and 3 dads. He seems all geared up and raring to go, at least boyscouts seem to be teaching him some life skills. Brownie points to me. All the way. For getting him into the troop against husband’s wishes.
3. Munchkin knows all her alphabets, numbers, shapes [yes, she knows the shape of the STOP sign too!] colors, and a bunch o’ rhymes. No thanks to me at all. Her Spanish is growing by leaps and bounds, and all she knows in telugu is “nee talakaya” – I take all the credit for that.
And oh, she choreographed her own little 6 steps for Bhool Bhulaiyya’s Hare Ram, Hare krsna chorus line. Nice too. So decided I’d slap an orange kurta on her and step her up on stage as an ISKCON femme. That should do. If diva consents that is.
4. Daughter created such a racket this morning coz she wanted help in choosing what to wear. Like I help and she’d take it?! Nope, no one’s getting married nor is she going to the prom, but it’s just a portrait/picture day at school. Yeah. After a brief fighting-yelling frenzy, I said ‘you look fine just the way you are’ to which she rolled her eyes, and walked off.
5. Lots of houses to skip to this evening and weekend. Golu scene is in full swing, I had to refuse a lady’s invite as she lives on the other end of the parkway. Sundal collection should be decent. ;-)
6. Yesterday our team at work acted like ’twas Christmas. We got to lay hands on some data we’ve been waiting for awhile. The rest of the girls thought we were high or something. I know, sorta nerdy, but who cares. If numbers tick you, then numbers it is.
Happy Navratri and Vijayadasami to all. Eat and enjoy :-)