It’s been ages since I’ve done a tag and I have a few piling. Sands and Sree both tagged me with the same one, and I can only escape so long. Somehow after spending so much time here and having done 19, I seem to have lost the zeal for them, and writing more and more about myself seems like a broken record. Just click on the Tag tag (heh) for the hugely introspective kind and read away. :-)
I like doing a tag when it allows me some creative license and knowing me, I’d hardly stick to rules. Then of course there’s this whole toning down that am doing and tags just increase more links. Either way, I can’t refuse the ladies, so here goes..
1.What is your current obsession?
Screenshots! I know, I need a new hobby, don’t I?
2. What are you wearing today?
I wore a smile this morning all the way till I then changed to a frown mid-afternoon. Then I got bored with it and wore bright chuckles. Evening wear was a stiff upper lip and now am wearing a smile again!
3. What’s for dinner?
Not the husband or kids, coz I’ve actually started cooking as in use the pan and the stove and worked on a bunch of spinach and some beans.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
School supplies. What? Ask me later, but now it’s school opening time. What else would a mom be buying? *As you can tell, I started doing this tag last month. Yesterday I did groceries and the most interesting among them was Soybean flour.*
5. What are you listening to right now?
Munchkin and son cackling and giggling with the daughter screaming at them to get out of her room.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
They sweet ladies with names starting with S, and which also happens to be my favorite letter!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
ooo, you gonna do a makeover on my home? Great!
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
hmm.. to a fancy hotel and sleep in those high thread count beds.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
One that I hear by a few special folks in my life, but can’t understand.
11. What’s your favorite quote?
Not sure about favorite, but for 12 years through my school, this was our motto. Something that’s stuck in my head and I believe has seeped into my sub-conscious. I would like to think I apply in all what I do. It is “Age Quod Agis” – Latin for “Do well all that you do”
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
No one really. I wish I did want to meet someone grand but sadly no one. Would my grandma in heaven be okay? I mean, not that I want to die and go up these so soon, but perhaps a portal?
13. What is your favorite colour?
Black. Sometimes it’s Red. It morphs to Green too.
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Can I just say my saris and be done with it?
15. What is your dream job?
Where I sit home and do anything and everything I like and not care about feeling like a useless irresponsible bum?
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
It keeps changing. I really am a boring flitting person. Nothing steady about me.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
On bhel puri? :)
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Wearing something just coz someone else is wearing it. It doesn’t matter if something doesn’t fit perfect on you, but your mind should have come up with that style.
19. Who are your style icons?
Would I be called vain, if I say “myself”? No, seriously, I don’t think of myself as an icon, but I dress with comfort in mind. While growing up, my biology teacher – Mrs. Susan John was the quintessential gorgeous elegant lady in a sari. Watching her walk down our grounds towards the building, I’d hope one day, I’d have her wide hourglass hips and a straight back and a collection of wonderful saris to look just a bit like her. With respect to those hips, you know what they say “Bhagwan jab deta hai, chappar phad ke deta?” . Right.
20. Describe your personal style?
Attitude. Confidence. Humor. In moderation. Everything else is relative and will fall into place as long as you respect and value yourself *in a dead serious tone*
21. What are you going to do after this?
Take munchkin to the park and slide down slides with her and perhaps roll down the slope. What? You haven’t done that yet? You should. It’s crazy fun, much better than a roller coaster if you ask me.
22. What are your favorite movies?
As I said before, am hardly consistent. If I have to name a couple that I liked very much – Mouna Ragam, Die Hard series, Sagara Sangamam..tons more.
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can’t live without?
My pencil eyeliner. I can live without it, just that I’d like to not try.
23. What inspires you?
Simple ideas with far-reaching results. People who make a difference without talking too much. Kids. My own children.
24. What do you carry in your bag?
Wallet and phone.
25. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
I’d like to wear nothing, but since that’s unacceptable, I pull out a pair of jeans and a tee.
26. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Sometimes it’s tea. See, how flexible I am?
27. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Sulk of course. Then go for a drive. Meet people, any people. Even strangers at Walmart count. Anyone who can make me smile, even politely. I’ll be okay after that.
28. What is the meaning of your name?
It’s a Hindu name. All Hindu names have a link with God somehow.
29. Which other blogs you love visiting?
I read a few on my reader when I can.
30. Favorite Season?
What’s with this favorite question? Am I the only freak that doesn’t like the concept of favorites?!
I LIKE Fall and Spring. Moderate. I like the concept of changing seasons. The fact that I get to see four of them where I live; wouldn’t trade it ever.
If anyone wants to try doing it, please do so. Especially more so if you are new to blogging. It’s nice to write about yourself. :-)