In one of those nincompoop moments when the brain’s half dead from exhaustion after teaching kids all morning and then spending another couple of hours choreographing a music piece for another set of 8 year olds, I open the reader and I see this. I sign up, and then go “Oh crap! what the heck did I just do?!”
Then I did what one does faced with a ‘situation’. Assess it. So here are the rules, and what’s at stock.
- One week, starting Monday to the next Monday. Okay, done. March 30th Thru April 06
- No sugars. I believe I can handle that. Not a juice drinker, and the only sugar I have is in my one cup of coffee a day. I can give that up and do Tea I guess, until I go become cuckoo with caffeine withdrawal, and then people will just have to bidn me down to a chair or lock me up.
- No Alcohol. Easy peasy. Oh wait, I can’t have that nice red wine I got us last week? Darnit!
- No Grains. This is going to be the one that’s gonna pull me down. I can go three days without rice, but no wheat or any whole grain? I can’t eat my trusty oatmeal? Shoot. This is a death warrant I siged up for, didn’t I? Don’t answer that.
- No processed foods. Yeah, okay, do-able.
- Not eat out at all. hmm… I believe I can handle that fairly okay except for lunches. That means I need to wake up another 20 minutes ahead and cook me some veggies for lunch.
- Workout everyday. Yeah, I do four right now, I can push me I think.
- Eat veggies. Yay.
- Eat Fruits. bleah, okay.
- Eat meat and eggs. Eggs I can.
- Fast for 18 hours – You have got to be kidding me! I have an intrinsic loathing towards fasts. Especially more so when they are religious-oriented, which this isn’t, but am just saying. Scarred for life growing up with mom going on such fasting binges. It just doesn’t seem right that God would want you to go fast. oh ok, it’s all about determination and self-control, and food’s a basic instinct and all that, but I donno, never worked for me. So will I? For me to eat some breakfast at say 8 am, I ought stop eating at 2 pm the day before? *please tell me I did the math wrong* . I am not going to promise this one. I shall give it an honest try, and if I cant handle it, eat I shall, and ‘fess too. Sorry!
So why am I doing this?
One: To reduce the darned fat number. I did lose 1% down since countdown, but it needs to go down more.
Two: Just to see if I can. Remember my countdown? Yeah. One of those things that we put ourselves through to see the kind of stuff that we are made of. To put it dramatically, am swimming as strong as I can along with the currents, the stuff that just comes from just being, and the ones that will be added in the immediate future as I see it.
Strength. Resilience. Tenacity and Determination. As much as we know our capabilities, a little assurance can go a long way.
Frankly, this is a stressful week at work, and the next few weeks are packed in more ways than one, and there’s just lots going on at home that needs attention, so am wondering if my glucose levels and other bio-chemical functions would get messed up and hence affect my brain and functioning? What if I become cuckoo and delirious and run amok. I wouldn’t right? Well, considering it’s a thin line between sanity and not, I am going to throw the burden of responsibility on you guys. *shmart na?*
So here’s how I need some help:
I can eat eggs, veggies, fruits and milk products. Would you be so kind as to leave me recipes or links for recipes I can sustain on and not go kill myself in the next one week? Am vegetarian btw. Ideas and links would work just great.
Ones who want to join in or watch me (talk about an open legit invite for becoming a voyeur), I don’t want to flood my blog, with daily updates so will be micro-blogging on twitter. Either follow me there or feed off the RSS or peek in if curious.
The rest can of course be silent or cheer me on. Keep an eye out for me and wish me luck when you see me flagging, coz I know that’s a possibility. Thanks!