So people call each other up. Then at some point in time one of them has had it with the other. There’s a lull and each one’s wondering who’d checkmate the other in the most politest least suspicious manner ever. That’s when the voice drops a decibel low, and the gears start shifting. How best do we wheedle out?
U think you’ve heard it all on different ways a person hangs up on you? From the absurd to the genuine to the funny:
- Baby’s crying
- Have to pick up the kids/laundry
- Dog needs to go
- Husband’s yelling for a towel (what a classic movie istyle no?)
- Oops, the curry is burning into a piece o coal (That would be me!)
- I gotta take this call (never mind if it’s a 1-800 number)
- It’s the finale of 24.(I am capable of that)
- Announcing winners of Dance baby Dance on Gemini TV, I am going to have to call you back. (someone really said that to me!)
The best so far that I’ve heard:
A 25 year old atheist young man from a Greek Orthodox family, is speaking with a lady friend after a long time. The conversation was seemingly joggling along just fine. Suddenly the man goes:
“Okay, I gotta run inside and pray. The family is waiting.”
What’s the most absurd one you’ve heard?