So I’ve sat through 13 days of continuous posting, and the reactions have ranged from astonishment to ‘Lord, you’re nuts’, to ‘You have no life?’ to ‘Of course you can do it!’
As in not a single eyebrow was raised in my capacity, but just my intention to stick to this post-a-day. If these are my friends, one doesn’t need any enemies. I whined to a bunch of these folks, and I said to them “See, I can write, but what to write on?”
There was outpouring of support:
One suggested a theme, which I shall get to.
One suggested I just do movies, and he’s a movie buff. Then he declares that he didn’t have any vested interest. Sure.
One suggested I write fables. Every alternate day. er, and lose my readers? No thank you.
One sent me a bunch o links and prompts, on word or topic of the day. If I was a good student and doing my homework, you think I’d be stuck doing what I do day in and day out?
Then 2 different people suggested I open the blog up for questions. “All you ever wanted to know about Rads and were afraid/shy/or polite to ask!” Pretend you are famous, I was told. I laughed. There were 2 things wrong with that. One, I am no good at pretending. Two, my life’s an open blog. What on earth is left of me to discover or be curious about?
Then I made the mistake of throwing it at one. He came back within an hour with five questions. Wow. So, this was what folks were still curious about me? The more relevant reactions, and administrations of life that I somehow skip right over while blogging? Great! This I can handle, I think to myself. This doesn’t make me a snob or a pretentious little thing on the web. If I can carefully disguise it, I may just be called a sport after all! (Anything works as fodder for a day)
Hence I do this, and ask you readers:
Go ahead and ask me a question and I shall answer it.
Keep it simple. I reserve the right to throw any question out and all answers are final. :)
Will keep adding the questions to the end of the post, and will take questions up until Friday, Oct 17th, or the top 25, whichever comes first. Check back Monday Oct 20th for answers.
Questions so far:
- Do you think that flossing is an important prelude to the intimate rendition of a romantic sonnet?
- When one of your children enters the house, can you tell from the footsteps which one it is? Can your husband?
- When one of your children falls down and bruises his or her shin do you yell at him her to be more careful or do you speak soothing words?
- When your husband falls down and bruises his shin do you yell at him to be more careful or do you speak soothing words?
- When your husband takes a route against your advice and ends up getting way too late for an important social engagement, do you “told you so?” or pro actively suggest that he has the mental abilities of a salamander?
- Are you a Recipe-Seeker or Recipe-Creator or both?
- Who is your fav kid among the three?
- First crush? celebrity and non.
- suppose that your husband and you have a desi get together at a friend’s house at 6:00 pm. the location is an hour’s drive away. what time do you want to get ready? what about your husband?
- what if it is a non-desi get together? what if it is a temple gathering? what if it is a pooja at the temple?
- What outfit are you most comfortable in? Indian and non-Indian.
- What does husband like you in best, and conversely what do you like yourself in best?
- Define “sexy”.
- What’s your cooking schedule for the day, like?
- Do you like asking or answering questions?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Who do you admire most in this world?
- What have you done *today* to further whirled peas?
- What makes you so passionate about dance? What does it mean to you?
- Is bad a bad word ?
- What’s your take on “Nothing comes for nothing. But how much is enough”
- What’s the best compliment you’ve received so far abt your dance performances?
- What was the first dish that you cooked for your husband and what was his reaction and expression after he tasted the first bite?
- Have you ever thought about enrolling for salsa classes with your husband?
- If you were banned from blogging, what would your last post be on?” or extending the same to miss-universe-genre q, “what is that one thing you want to do badly and be remembered, like open dance academy or world travel..?”
Via email that I didn’t check so adding it on:
Do you like the person who gives you a straight opinion/answer however rude that may be or would you prefer someone to kinda make the answer beautiful, add some chocolates and all the while hide the crap! (Its an either/or question – There is no part of this and part of that)
So how about it eh?
Updated: Oct 14 2008. I have 25 questions and will not be adding on anymore. Comments are closed for that reason. The questions are interesting and some are ‘er, do you really have to ask?’ , but as promised will answer them on Monday morning Oct 20th EST. Thanks for playing :)