Naren tagged me and didn’t tell me he tagged me. I am being the most righteous prompt tagged blogger in blogworld and accepting his tag. Working on it on a Saturday evening too. Quite tired I am what with spending a few hours at work, alone. Have you ever spent time at work alone, me being the green thumb person, had only the light in my cube on. Jumped outa my skin when a colleague’s phone rang. Never mind why anyone was calling her on a bright cheery Saturday afternoon! In any case, where was I, yes, drove in to work driving through a bad driver fest on 7100. Seriously, what are the chances of so many ridiculously bad, lane huggers, under-speed limiters, no-signal turners all showing up exactly at the same time on the road!
So am sitting here, dinner done, kids fed, not tucked in yet, but in various forms of repose (read: son playing Wii online with a friend, and the daughter making little paper flags for a project with munchkin shuttling between the two) and here I was, browsing around as thats how our lives have become. We browse to unwind, and then I remember that I have a coupla tags pending. The dinner one which I still insist on doing. I have it all scripted out in my head, but absolutely no inertia to type ’em out. Maybe it’s coz half of the characters in them aren’t around anymore.. ah well.
Then realized Naren’s could be done quite easily. Actually, this is a toughie. No, not tough, but slightly boring for you poor readers to wade through. Folks who’ve been reading me for a month could probably answer this tag better than I can. Frankly, such introspective interview sort tags should be auctioned out. Like accept bids on who’s come up with the most accurate one, and then who’d make it roaring fun sorts, and who’d do a complete mockery of me, and so on. Would be fun?
Ah, okay, don’t fret. Not trying any of the above stunts on you. I’l be good and answer them. Though for fun sakes, I am gonna lie. It’s going to be very difficult lying, coz as I said, I get caught quick. In a heartbeat. I see some of you rubbing your hands in glee. Rads’ lying through these 29 introspective questions and us not smoking her out? This is easier than playing ‘bluff’ . But see, am gonna try hard this time. Am gonna slip the bluffs in as slyly as I can. aha!
( On an aside, am tickled pink with the name under which Wiki has the game under! )
So alright, I am gonna bluff and you can have some fun at my expense. Deal? ;-)
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
- Michael Clayton.
2. What book are you reading?
- Feast of Roses – Indu
3. Favorite board game?
4. Favorite magazine?
- Good Housekeeping.
5. Favorite smells?
- Tropical Rain on dry sand, freshly mowed lawns, blossoms at night.
6. Favorite sounds?
- Munchkin calling for me in the middle of the night/ at the mall/ grocery store/when I pick her up at 6pm.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
- Being told that am not fun anymore.
- Being helpless.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
- What to pack for kids’ lunch?
9. Favorite fast food place?
- Rads’ Kitchen: Bhel Puri.
10. Future child’s name?
- You mean, as in next life don’t you?
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?”
- If I had a lot of money I’d do what I do today. No, not that I have a lot of money, just that I doubt I’d do anything different. Maybe buy more saris, go on a cruise, and then come back home and make bhel and cook puris for the kids. O, maybe I’d get a hammock. I like hammocks. Like them so much I gift them around, despite the giftees having trees or not to hang ’em. Lay me down just once on a vacation at Gatlinburg, and the feeling was just awesome.
12. Do you drive fast?
- O absolutely. Love it. I like the power. Liked it even more while driving the van. Don’t like the car. Feel puny in it, easily crushable. Van just shudders folks off the road.
13. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
- Yea, with munchkin, while she holds Dora and me. It’s one big stuffed animal party at night.
14. Storms – cool or scary?
- Cool. Absolutely.
15. What was your first car?
- Honda Civic. Husband’s first car too. Like I have my own…
16. Favorite drink?
- Coffee. Hazelnut.
17. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
- Go back in time.
- Learn to paint.
- Go back to school.
- Visit Alaska and the Amazon.
I still plan on doing them all, just not yet.
18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
- Yea sure. Wait. They aren’t all that tasty, but I guess it goes in. It isn’t bittergourd, thank God.
19. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
- Once for Halloween, I streaked my hair purple. People thought I looked strangely funny and quite me. So purple’s the royal color, then I’d shampoo it and wear the curls like snakes and freeze folks in their tracks. Medusa style. Fun?
20. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
- Madras. Brussels. DC. There end my lofty adventures.
21. Favorite sports to watch?
22. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
- Just one? Okay. Toughie. See, am trying to not state the obvious here. Should I completely embarrass him, or should I be PC and just let it be. Oh alright, let’s have some fun! Naren’s quite the gentleman. Yea.
23. What’s under your bed?
- Dust bunnies breeding like bunnies should.
24. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
- Yes. I like me. I’ve worked hard (in retrospect) becoming the me I wanted to be, so yes, I’d like to be born as me again. Thank you for asking, now please make it happen.
25. Morning person, or night owl?
- I was a morning person, then became a night owl. Now am a bit of both, owl as a choice and morning without.
26. Over easy, or sunny side up?
- Eggs? Didn’t get the questions – so am throwing it at you the reader. What do u think I am?
27. Favorite place to relax?
28. Favorite pie?
- Apple pie. Not just ‘coz of the apple, but I was called that some time ago and it was special.
29. Favorite ice cream flavor?
- No favorites really. I like ice cream. It’s a vice.
Isn’t 29 incomplete? It’s as if the original tagger wasn’t quite sure he’d wanted to round it up, or maybe the kid’s diaper needed changing and she stopped mid-way, forgot the 30th and off she posted it. It’s neither here nor there. Kinda interesting a mundane boring 29 has become, don’t you think? Frankly, it could very well be the magic number all us women freeze our ages at. 29 we proclaim. Not a day more. Even Lara Dutta is am sure cursing the pagentry folks for asking her age, and she wishing she didn’t care, but o am sure she does. Women’s lib my foot. She is am sure celebrating it with bold 29 bold colorful candles and has the lone 30th in black and white sitting in a corner on a timeout. Not all welcome it like the way the husband made sure mine happened, spending time with black spiders and over the hill balloons.
So what say I add on a 30? Yeah?
30. Are you the same person online and offline? As in do you transfer yourself fairly well onto your blog?
This one am asking you to answer for me. What do you think? Am I as real as I show on this blog, or you think am faking it?
And o yes, I’ve bluffed twice. Spot it. I shall tag folks after a few days.