Ever looked at something and went tangential to what it truly was? Like looking at a puffy cloud and going, that looks like Saira Banu’s / Marge Simpson’s hairdo, or perhaps a Lexus that you are dreaming up of.
This is a bit similar to that, except that the more creative, out-of-the-box, outrageous or funny the answer is the more you score . The answers are guaged between being Common and Creative.
The problem –
You have a stack of 5 cups [like the ones in the pic below] on the table in front of you. You are allowed to touch them, pick them up, and use more than one to come up with your solutions or perceptions. You may not destroy or break any in the process.
List 2 common responses and 2 creative responses at least.
Examples so you get an idea of what’s expected
1. It’s a plastic cup [stating the obvious]
2. I drink milk from this cup. [stating the obvious again, as in usage]
3. The cup has no color
4. I can stack all cups.
5. They are all recyclable.
[…. but look below for a flip to the statements above]
1. Take a sip from it with a cheeky look and say “shhh, don’t tell anyone, but this is the cup that Jesus drank from, and am auctioning it away tonight!” [adds an element of drama and character]
2. Pretend to hiccup and hold your chest and go “hurry, someone get me a cup of water, the hicCUPs are killing me” [creative usage of the word ‘cup’ and drama]
3. “mia culpa” screamed the Italian warloard on shooting his dog [phonetic ‘cup’ – an exaggeration ut acceptable]
4. “Hi, I am Archie the Architect and I built the cupola that beats the one on St.Basilica. [embedded usage]
5. This cup can become an ant’s nightmare! [looking at it from a different perspective]
Give it a shot? All Common answers get 1 point, and creative answers 3 points.