Finally saw bits and pieces of it. My 2 cents.
1. Rani and SRK ‘s characters are such royal jerks. Not becos they go have an affair, but becos they are just horrid energy sucking characters to begin with. They played it to perfection which probably means that they are good actors to begin with!
2. Abhishek is drool-worthy.
3. Preity is perfect. She should’ve dragged SRK into counseling or dumped him a long time ago.
4. The soccer game was so lame. Which kid goes and gives an opponent the ball? Hit a goal in the wrong net – very do-able, but ‘you want it, take it’?? – SRK sucks as a coach! If my kid was on his team, I’d get him booted out.
5. Amitabh is overdone. I mean, cmon!
6. It should be rated R. With the sub-titles, let’s add L, S too. After the 1st 30 minutes, no way in hell could I let my kids watch it, and am no prude – but the impression and word play was way too blatant to ignore.
7. I understood the whole ‘love can hit you anytime’ concept, but somehow it didn’t ring true. Once you start disliking the spouse or bickering about him/her, there’s a fallout of some kind, any sweet-talking idiot placed in front of you would be ‘ideal mate’ personified. It’s called transference, perhaps. The fuzzy warmth is coz of comparison. At least that’s how I see in KANK. The 3 years later thing wasn’t convincing.
In any case, Karan Johar seems to get a kick out of provocation of ideals, and has crowned himself the new-age director, so as long as we have the “trio” such escapades in Bollywood will continue to flourish.
Bollywood needs a break from SRK, Rani, Karan Johar, Preity. Period.