Reasons for the title, not in any particular order –
1. Woke up at 7.45am
2. burnt a pot of pasta, and had to make sandwiches for lunch.
3. Got a papercut while signing a field trip form, and in that annoyance dated the check to 09/30.
4. discovered that I had absolutely no casuals to wear, press a kurti, only to realize that it has shrunk to 2 sizes smaller and not in a pleasant way.
5. the lil one dumps a whole glass of OJ on her AFTER she is dressed for the day
6. daughter turns house upside down for a pair of sunglasses that we don’t own.
7. daughter is upset and insists on going off by bus, as she can at least be a ‘patrol’ if not ‘stylish’ [her words, not mine], so the son needs to be dropped off at kiss n ride [that’s an extra 10 minute detour]
8. son wears a damp short orange shirt with a shiny blue basketball shorts [yea, he creates fashion statements at home] so had to be sent back again to change.
9. lil one insists on lawnmoving [it’s one of those toy buble lawnmovers! am not an idiot u know] when I ask her to get in the van.
10. realize my white heels are in the car that the husband has conveniently driven away. so am forced to wear green flip flops with a baby pink kurti that magically is my saving grace of my wardrobe. [yea, am a spectacle today]
11. drive up to work, and realize the damned parking lot is very full. Squeezed [if u can call it that] the Odyssey between a corvette and a lexus, and prayed I didn’t scratch either.
12. came up and realized i left the office badge inside my desk last evening, coaxed someone to let me in.
13. dumped some coffee on me. have a stain that’s mocking me everytime I look down.